The Reading Programme
- Alphabet drill (the – abc -song)
- Letter recognition (worksheets)
- The sounds letters make – Phonics Sounds
- diagraphs – at, -an etc.
- cvc words – word building with blends
- Rapid word (cvc) recognition (with flashcards) and…
Simple sentence construction
Your first reading book
Material – We provide
We provide all the material that you need to make this program work. The material includes full instruction. If you need further assistance you can drop us an email and we can respond within 24 hours, if not sooner
- Letter of the alphabet – online learning
- Alphabet chart – free down load
- Phonic – link for correct pronunciation
- Blend – diagraphs – list
- cvc word list – drill and rapid recognition
- First reading sentences – for rapid recognition
- My first reading book
Moving beyond a-b-c (the names of the letters of the alphabet)
- Learning the letter sounds – PHONICS
Children are taught the 42 main letter sounds. This includes alphabet sounds as well as digraphs Diagraphs are blends of two or more sounds such as sh, th, ai and ue.
- Learning letter formation
Using different multi-sensory methods, children learn how to form and write the letters.
Children are taught how to blend the sounds together to read and write new words.
- Identifying the sounds in words (Segmenting)
Listening for the sounds in words gives children the best start for improving spelling.
- Sight words and Tricky words
Tricky words have irregular spellings and children learn these separately.
Here is a more detailed program: Components of teaching reading: LINK